Monday, April 18, 2016

Biography/ Time Line/ Citations

This project is actually super unique and unusual :0). One of our stories in the Reading Book was written as a biography of Abraham Lincoln. But....... the author used Abraham Lincoln's quotes to depict different stages of his life and his view points. So....... this Time Line truly has NO dates at all :0). It is organized with the help of quotes and chronological events that defined those quotes in the story. This way I was able to teach my class how to draw the evidence from the text (the quotations/ citations) and elaborate upon them (explain what they mean). WOW!!!!!!! EXTREMELY UNUSUAL!!!!! This idea came into my head in the middle of the night :0). Yes :0). It challenged both my class and me. It also introduced great study of the "dateless" Time Line :0).



No comments:

Post a Comment